The weekend is over and it’s time to get back to work. A case of the Monday Blues kicks in and your productivity drops like a stone. Don’t be surprised if it happens to you, it’s hard to go back to work after a weekend of fun. While avoiding Monday is impossible, here are 5 simple ideas on how to get through it.
1. Make lunch an event – Food is meant to be enjoyable, and Monday is no exception to that rule. Having something different or just delicious for lunch gives you something to look forward to in the morning.
2. Achieve something major – Having fun at work isn’t that unheard of. One of the best feelings you can get can actually be just doing your role well. Setting a goal for the day and accomplishing it can be enough to get you feeling better during the day.
3. Disconnect over the weekend – Try to avoid checking work e-mail over the weekend, especially if you’re not going to respond until Monday anyway. When you leave the office on Friday, leave your office problems there. Taking your work home with you can make going back to work on Monday feel exhausting.
4. Get enough sleep – It sounds like a no brainer but a good night’s sleep really does wonders for you. Getting enough sleep so that you wake up feeling well-rested is vital. Functioning off of a couple of hours of sleep, it’s unlikely that you’re going to want to go anywhere or do anything.
5. Make after-work plans – Getting through the day shouldn’t be your only goal on Monday, make after-work plans to have something to look forward to at the end of work. It could be anything from drinking at the bar with a couple friends, catching up on some television at home, or even just enjoying a nice dinner out.
It’s okay if you get a case of the Mondays, but always remember there are ways to help keep it at bay to get you through the day!